All book reviews by @imyril.
A guide to how I rate reviews can be found here.
I’m a bit intimidated by the number of books on my shelves demanding my attention, but not sufficiently intimidated to stop me acquiring more. As such, I am open to requests for review from authors and/or publishers, although I can’t currently offer a quick turnaround. All reviews published are my honest opinion. Books received in exchange for a review will always be clearly flagged as such.
Am I right for your book?
I primarily accept speculative fiction, scifi and fantasy for review (yes, I read more broadly than this, but very selectively, so I am less likely to accept review copies outside these genres).
I particularly enjoy narratives that show a range of genders, ethnicities, sexualities, dis/abilities and indeed races (non-humans, hurray!) in a positive light. I am not a fan of YA, comic SFF, or romance-driven narratives and I’m wary of books dominated by male characters, although I do make exceptions for fabulous ideas.
Please contact me at imyril at onemore dot org if you would like me to review your work, providing a synopsis or link to more information. Please be specific if you require a review within a certain period or on/near a particular date. I will always get back to you to confirm my interest and broadly what timescale to expect a review in.
I reserve the right to decline review copies that do not appeal to me. I accept MOBI or physical books only; I do not read graphic novels or audiobooks. I will not currently accept self-published works.
- The Book of Etta – Meg Elison
- The Djinn Falls in Love – edited by Mahvesh Murad & Jared Shurin
- The Essex Serpent – Sarah Perry
- Crossroads of Canopy – Thoraiya Dyer
- Miranda and Caliban – Jacqueline Carey
- The Ninth Rain – Jen Williams
- The Collapsing Empire – John Scalzi
- Sharp Ends – Joe Abercrombie
- The Witch Who Came In From The Cold (Season One) – Max Gladstone et al
- African Monsters – edited by Jo Thomas & Margrét Helgadóttir
- Asian Monsters – edited by Margrét Helgadóttir
- Rosewater – Tade Thompson
- Izanami’s Choice – Adam Heine
- The Raven Stratagem – Yoon Ha Lee