All book reviews by @imyril.
A guide to how I rate reviews can be found here.
I am open to requests from authors, agents and/or publishers. However, I’m afraid I won’t accept self-published titles unless I have previously reviewed the author’s work.
All reviews are my honest opinion, and books received for review will be clearly flagged as such. I am happy to offer space for guest posts, giveaways, cover reveals and interviews to authors / agents / publishers with whom I have an established relationship (I have reviewed the author’s work previously, or I regularly review for your imprint).
Am I right for your book?
I only accept adult speculative fiction, scifi and fantasy for review (yes, I read and occasionally request more broadly, but very, very selectively).
I prefer narratives that include a range of genders, ethnicities, sexualities, dis/abilities and indeed races (non-humans, hurray!) – and portray them in a positive light. I am not generally a fan of grimdark, military SFF, comic SFF and romance-heavy narratives.
I reserve the right to decline to review books that do not appeal to me.
Want to contact me?
Please email me at imyril at onemore dot org if you would like me to review your work, providing a synopsis or link to more information. Please be specific if you require a review within a certain period. I will get back to you as soon as I can to confirm my interest/availability.
(in no particular order. Yes, it has got out of control; guess what I’m doing this autumn!)
- Thin Air – Richard Morgan
- Rebellion – Mikhaeyla Kopievsky
- Redemption’s Blade – Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Darksoul – Anna Stephens
- Watching Skies – Mark O’Connell
- Implanted – Lauren Teffeneau
- The Kingdom of Copper – S A Chakraborty
- Haven – Adam Roberts
- Jade City – Fonda Lee
- Brightly Burning – Alexa Donne
- Europe at Dawn – Dave Hutchinson
- City of Lost Fortunes – Bryan Camp
- The Queens of Innis Lear – Tessa Gratton
- Alphaland – Cristina Jurado
- Autonomous – Annalee Newitz
- Do You Dream of Terra-Two – Temi Oh
- Too Like the Lightning – Ada Palmer
- Miranda and Caliban – Jacqueline Carey
- A Man of Shadows – Jeff Noon
- The Witch Who Came In From The Cold (Season One) – Max Gladstone et al
- Izanami’s Choice – Adam Heine
- Wonderblood – Julia Whicker
- The Essex Serpent – Sarah Perry
- African Monsters – edited by Jo Thomas & Margrét Helgadóttir
- Asian Monsters – edited by Margrét Helgadóttir