All book reviews by @imyril.
A guide to how I rate reviews can be found here.
I am currently closed to requests unless I have previously reviewed the author’s work.
All reviews are my honest opinion, and books received for review will be clearly flagged as such. I am happy to offer space for guest posts, giveaways, cover reveals and interviews to authors / agents / publishers with whom I have an established relationship (I have reviewed the author’s work previously, or I regularly review for your imprint).
Am I right for your book?
I only accept adult speculative fiction, scifi and fantasy for review (yes, I read and occasionally request more broadly, but very, very selectively).
I primarily look for narratives that include a range of genders, ethnicities, sexualities, dis/abilities and indeed races (non-humans, hurray!) – and portray them in a positive light. I am not generally a fan of male-dominated, grimdark, military, comedic, and/or primarily romantic narratives. Romantic subplots – especially LGBTQIA – are welcome. I very rarely accept YA.
I reserve the right to decline to review books that do not appeal to me.
Want to contact me?
Please email me at imyril at onemore dot org if you would like me to review your work, providing a synopsis or link to more information. Please be specific if you require a review within a certain period. I will get back to you as soon as I can to confirm my interest/availability.
- The Poison Song – Jen Williams
- The Unbound Empire – Melissa Caruso
Awaiting review (in no particular order)
- The True Queen – Zen Cho
- Today I Am Carey – Martin L Shoemaker
- A Memory Called Empire – Arkady Martine
- Darksoul – Anna Stephens
- The Book of Flora – Meg Elison
- Porpoise – Mark Haddon
- Unholy Land – Lavie Tidhar
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf – Marlon James
- Thin Air – Richard Morgan
- Rebellion – Mikhaeyla Kopievsky
- Redemption’s Blade – Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Implanted – Lauren Teffeneau
- Once upon a River – Diane Setterfield
- The Dark Vault – V E Schwab
- Jade City – Fonda Lee
- Brightly Burning – Alexa Donne
- City of Lost Fortunes – Bryan Camp
- The Queens of Innis Lear – Tessa Gratton
- Alphaland – Cristina Jurado
- Autonomous – Annalee Newitz
- Too Like the Lightning – Ada Palmer
- Miranda and Caliban – Jacqueline Carey
- A Man of Shadows – Jeff Noon
- The Witch Who Came In From The Cold (Season One) – Max Gladstone et al
- Izanami’s Choice – Adam Heine
- Wonderblood – Julia Whicker
- The Essex Serpent – Sarah Perry
- African Monsters – edited by Jo Thomas & Margrét Helgadóttir
- Asian Monsters – edited by Margrét Helgadóttir