Today, I’m delighted to announce a very special giveaway. In honour of our tenth birthday and in support of the #SmallPressBigStories cross-blog initiative celebrating small and independent presses we have an ARC of The Ten Percent Thief by Lavanya Lakshminarayan to give away courtesy of the lovely team at Rebellion Publishing!
Nothing has happened. Not yet, anyway. This is how all things begin.
Welcome to Apex City, formerly Bangalore, where everything is decided by the mathematically perfect Bell Curve.
With the right image, values and opinions, you can ascend to the glittering heights of the Twenty Percent – the Virtual elite – and have the world at your feet. Otherwise you risk falling to the precarious Ten Percent, and deportation to the ranks of the Analogs, with no access to electricity, running water or even humanity.
The system has no flaws. Until the elusive “Ten Percent Thief” steals a single jacaranda seed from the Virtual city and plants a revolution in the barren soil of the Analog world.
I am absolutely beguiled by the cover art for The Ten Percent Thief – that tree, the colours, the transition from digital to organic – and I’m really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this cyberpunk mosaic novel. The Ten Percent Thief won’t be released until March – but Rebellion have given your SciFiMonth team an ARC to give away!
Want to get your hands on it? Here’s how:
- Enter via the comments: sign up for SciFiMonth and comment on this post indicating your interest to enter the draw
- Enter via Twitter: follow @scifimonth @solaris_books @lavanya_ln and retweet the giveaway announcement tweet
- Open internationally
- Closing date: midnight PST on November 20th 2022
- All entrants will be put into a single draw; one winner will be selected and contacted by DM (if Twitter entry) or email (if entry via blog)
- By entering, you give us permission to share your contact details with Rebellion Publishing
Huge thanks to Jess Gofton at Rebellion Publishing for providing a wealth of SciFiMonth giveaways!