I’m delighted to announce a very special Wyrd & Wonder giveaway, combining our forest fantasy theme with a spooktastic vibe in honour of Friday the 13th! We have five ARCs of The Dark Between The Trees by Fiona Barnett to giveaway courtesy of the lovely team at Rebellion Publishing – if you’re brave enough!
1643: A small group of Parliamentarian soldiers are ambushed in an isolated part of Northern England. Their only hope for survival is to flee into the nearby Moresby Wood… unwise though that may seem. For Moresby Wood is known to be an unnatural place, the realm of witchcraft and shadows, where the devil is said to go walking by moonlight…
Seventeen men enter the wood. Only two are ever seen again, and the stories they tell of what happened make no sense. Stories of shifting landscapes, of trees that appear and disappear at will… and of something else. Something dark. Something hungry.
Today, five women are headed into Moresby Wood to discover, once and for all, what happened to that unfortunate group of soldiers. They’re led by Dr Alice Christopher, an historian who has devoted her entire academic career to uncovering the secrets of Moresby Wood. Armed with metal detectors, GPS units, mobile phones and the most recent map of the area (which is nearly 50 years old), Dr Christopher’s group enters the wood ready for anything.
Or so they think.
I can’t begin to capture quite how excited I am about The Dark Between The Trees, which promises to blend historical novel with classic horror tropes. Author Fiona Barnett describes it as “ordinary foot-soldiers in one of the most exciting parts of British history, the things that come slithering out of the darkest part of the woods, and competent women yelling at each other” – which just gets better and better!
The Dark Between The Trees won’t be released until October – but Rebellion have given your Wyrd & Wonder team five ARCs to give away! Want to get your hands on one? Here’s how:
- Enter via Twitter: follow @wyrdandwonder @rebellionpub @stitchthisfiona plus like & retweet our Twitter giveaway announcement post
- Enter via Instagram: follow @wyrdandwonder @rebellionpub plus like & comment on our Instagram giveaway announcement post
- Enter via the Wyrd & Wonder challenge: make at least one Challenge post between now and the end of May and link back to this post (or swing by and drop a link in the comments). Your Challenge post can be posted wherever you are most at home – your blog, Twitter, Instagram, Litsy, TikTok, wherever – but if I don’t know about it, your name can’t go in the hat for the draw (and you might just be posting for fun and not to try and win an ARC)!
- Max 3 entries into the giveaway (Twitter, Instagram, Challenge)
- Max 1 ARC per winner
- Open US / UK
- Closing date: midnight PST on May 31st 2022
- Winners will be contacted no later than June 3rd and must respond by June 5th to confirm or the ARC may be given to someone else
- By entering, you give us permission to share your contact details with Rebellion Publishing
Huge thanks to Jess Gofton at Rebellion Publishing for providing such a Wyrd & Wonderful giveaway!