What’s this? A Mission Log on a Monday? You betcha (but don’t get used to it – next week’s log will be midweek so we can wrap the full month). It’s hard to believe we’re in the home stretch now, but we refuse to get mournful over it: there’s too many interesting things going on. Put your feet up and come see what the crew have been up to this past week…
Each week, Lisa and I split the logs between us to bring you a full update of everything that’s been going on. This week, you can head on over to Dear Geek Place for a recap of the tags, Challenge posts, read-alongs and other fun this week, or keep reading for a round-up of reviews, discussions and giveaways.
- NICHOLAS BINGE – Professor Everywhere | Laura Tisdall
- ROBERT CARGILL – Day Zero | Space and Sorcery
- LINDSAY ELLIS
- NNEDI OKORAFOR – Noor | Reiszwolf
- DEREK KÜNSKEN – The Quantum War | SciFiMind
- MARINA J LOSTETTER – Activation Degradation | The Bibliosanctum
- TAMSYN MUIR – Harrow the Ninth | Jessticulates
- CAT RAMBO – You Sexy Thing | The Captain’s Quarters
- ALASTAIR REYNOLDS – Inhibitor Phase | A Refuge From Life
- KIT ROCHA – Deal With The Devil | Classy X Book Reviews
- JAMES SMYTHE – The Echo | Book Forager
- CHARLES YU – Sorry Please Thank You | Laura Tisdall
- The Great Godzilla Movie Marathon: Part III – The Millennium Series | Monstrumology
- Sweet Tooth (TV) | Space and Sorcery
Lists and recommendations
There’s been some cracking recommendation posts this week. Trying to figure out your next SF read – or what to buy someone for Christmas based on their preferences? Maybe these posts will help:
- Lots of chatter about international SF and SF in translation – Anouk has been compiling a list of books to read around the world at Time For Tales And Tea as part of the SFF Countries Project hosted by A Dance With Books
- Louise took a look at the classic SF on her TBR at Monstrumology
- Over at Classy X Book Reviews, Amanda has some suggestions of books to read if you like Andy Weir along with some Middle Grade SF recommendations
- Lauren has your back if you’re looking for books to read because you loved Timeless at Always Me
- The Bibliosanctum compiled a list of books about extraterrestrial plagues
- Will of A Refuge From Life took a look back at his favourite SF from the past decade
We’ll close the week back at Monstrumology, with Louise’s heartfelt International Men’s Day post exploring why Man of Steel means so much to her.
- Last chance: Essa Hansen has 2 copies of Winter’s Orbit to give away (open internationally). Closes TODAY (November 22)!
- Book Bingo: those taking part in the SciFiMonth Book Bingo have a chance to win a book of their choice up to £20 (incl. delivery); full terms and conditions. Open internationally until end of day on Dec 1
- Crew members: co-captain Lisa is offering a chance to win a book of their choice up to £20 from the Book Depository. You must be signed up with SciFiMonth and have actively participated (by contributing blog post(s), regular tweets, and/or instagram posts etc). Open internationally until Nov 30
- SciFiMonth: Tammy will offer 2 winners a choice of 1 SF book at the end of the month – watch out for more details from Books, Bones & Buffy
Made a post I haven’t mentioned? Add the link to the Master Schedule and we’ll include it next week. The cut-off for adding to the schedule is an arbitrary time on Sunday, depending on what life has thrown at us. Don’t worry – if you add it later, we’ll include it in the following week’s log.
I can’t believe it’s the last full week of SciFiMonth – wishing all our US crew good food and good cheer for your holiday!