Our annual journey is over, our crew has dispersed – but let’s take one final moment to look back at SciFiMonth 2020 before we turn our faces towards the end of one year and the start of a new one.
What an epic SciFiMonth this has been: 70 crew (plus stowaways) and over 400 blog and Instagram posts – it’s been a rowdy but thoughtful trip across modern and classic SF, and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Some crew travelled so far that our comms signals got out of sync – better late than never, we have last round-up of SciFiMonth reviews and interviews to share before we put the ship in the hangar until next year.
- NADIA AFIFI – The Sentient | The Bookwyrm’s Guide To The Galaxy
- HEATHER L BARKSDALE – Arriving Through Time | The Bookwyrm’s Guide To The Galaxy
- JOE CANZANO – Suzy Spitfire Kills Everyone | Jorie Loves A Story
- TS GALINDO – The City
- MUR LAFFERTY & SB DIYVA (eds) – Escape Pod | The Curious SFF Reader
- BASCOMB JAMES (ed) – Far Orbit: Apogee | Jorie Loves A Story
- LAURA LAM & ELIZABETH MAY – Seven Devils | Classy X Book Reviews
- ALAN MOORE – V for Vendetta | Calmgrove
- JT NICHOLAS – Recoil | OllieSpot SFF Book Reviews
- YOSHIYUKI SADAMOTO – Neon Genesis Evangelion | Mervi’s Reviews
- NEAL STEPHENSON – Snow Crash | Parsecs & Parchment
Interviews and Features
Jorie shared 10 bookish (and not bookish) thoughts about astronautics and space science, and invited you to get to know her as an SF reeader | Jorie Loves A Story
Arina had an open door at The Bookwyrm’s Guide To The Galaxy for authors to swing by for a chat or a guest post. Heather L Barksdale popped in to chat about time travel and writer’s block, and Arina closed out the month with a magnificent round-table in which non-binary writers discussed the future of SF across a series of themes: Inspiration and Creation | Gender and Genre | Past, Present, Exploration | Craft and Future.
- Arina was the winner of my blogiversary giveaway. A copy of The Deep by Rivers Solomon is in the post.
- If you’re quick, there’s still time to enter Tammy’s SciFiMonth giveaway for a chance to win one of the nearly 100 books (way to go, Tammy!) she has blogged about this month. Open internationally, 2 winners will be chosen. Closes TONIGHT (December 7th) at midnight PST.
Some final posts before we go:
- Alex rounded up a busy SciFiMonth and looked ahead to some December SFnal reads | BookBlurb
- Maryam looked back at her SciFiMonth reads, posts and shows | The Curious SFF Reader
- Maxine recapped her SciFiMonth posts – and picked some favourites by the crew | Maxine’s Obsessions
- Anouk shared mini-reviews of her SciFiMonth reads and spotlighted some favourite posts across the month | Time For Tales And Tea
- Jorie made delicious lemonade from her abridged SciFiMonth experience | Jorie Loves A Story
- SJ Higbee has her sights set on 2021 with 12 SF reads to watch out for | Brainfluff
That’s all for now…
…but we’ll be BACK in the spring for an all-new SciFiMonth spin-off mini-event! All Systems Read will be a weekend of catching up on our SF TBRs. We plan to spend 4 days storming through some SFnal reads in a casual Easter weekend readathon. Will you join us?