SciFi Month 2017 has been epic: over two dozen bloggers, nearly 100 reviews plus nearly 100 other posts for chats, discussions, giveaways, interviews and more! We’ve celebrated space opera and cyberpunk, classic SF and Star Wars, and if we haven’t loved everything nothing has soured our delight in the genre. I’ve loved every minute. I hope your TBR has grown as fast as mine.
The last ten days of the month have been just as busy as everything that went before, but I’ll do my best to whizz through as many as possible…
- Deanna’s Sci Fi Month Quiz giveaway – show off your SF knowledge for a chance to win a book for up to $25 from the Book Depository [worldwide, closes midnight EST]
- Tammy’s End of Month Giveaway – celebrate your favourite SciFi Month moments for a chance to win one of three great books [worldwide, closes December 8th]
- Evelina celebrated realism in science fiction – and asked if there’s a SF language barrier that keeps some readers away? What do you think?
- Kai at Fiction State of Mind got excited about the ever-expanding Star Wars universe – she can’t wait to see Canto Bight
- Lauren brought us another Music Monday – let’s hear it for Agent Carter and Captain America
- Olivia at Yellow Shelfpaper continued her guide for the Sci Fi wary with a look at Cli Fi
- Our TBRs took a hammering as Lianne at Eclectic Tales listed books she’s thankful for, while Mogsy at the Bibliosanctum looked back at the best SF of 2017 – and then it was time to get excited about our winter reading
- Jorie hosted two great online chats and giveaways
- Lisa livetweeted her heart and soul through Logan
With nearly 100 reviews this month, I can’t list them all – but they’re all available via #RRSciFiMonth. In the past 10 days, we’ve added to the list with a couple of glimpses of Doctor Who; some discussion of Ann Leckie’s latest, Provenance; and plenty of attention for the classics from the golden age and the modern. The Wayfarer has once again earned new fans, and we’ve been tantalised by some recent and upcoming releases (and yes, everybody except me still loves Artemis). It’s been a heck of a ride, but sadly we’re at the end for this year.
The Expanse read-along also finished at last. It’s been an epic 6 months in the company of the Rocinante’s crew (it will feel odd spending a few weeks without them!) – but we’ve confirmed we’ll be rejoining them to read-along Persepolis Rising in January. Come join the fun – watch out for updates from @SFFReadalongs.
You can see all the conversation at #RRSciFiMonth and we’ll be back next year for more celebration of all things sci-fi! Thank you for joining us – I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.