A slightly early recap for February, because this evening will be full of Swordspoint (hurray!). It’s been a busy month of travelling, visitors and read-alongs, so my reading has been somewhat fractured – if very rewarding.
Reading and review round-up
- Graft – Matt Hill
- Broken Banners – Mark Gelineau & Joe King
- Chameleon Moon – RoAnna Sylver
- The Fox’s Tower and Other Tales – Yoon Ha Lee
- Rend the Dark – Mark Gelineau & Joe King
- Windswept – Adam Rakunas
- Skinshaper – Mark Gelineau & Joe King
- The Tale of Yin – Joyce Chng
Stacking the shelves
After January’s all-you-can-eat buffet of book acquisition, February – in spite of a birthday – has been slightly more restrained (although I did have to pick up the remaining Echoes of the Ascended novellas). That, err, just means I have Amazon vouchers to spend. YAY.
Lots of interlaced reads this month for read-alongs (2 not quite complete, so March will look like I read more than I did), but good progress and all challenges now properly underway:
I’ve now read 13 books (this year), of which:
- 5 (38%) – written by women
- 2 (15%) – written by people of colour
- 2 (15%) – written by or about people of different sexualities
- 4 (31%) – towards the Backlist Challenge
I’m heading into some epic fantasy rereads as of March, and will continue with a weekly bite-sized book. I’m hoping some of you might like to join in – I’ll be adding a linky to the weekly bite-sized review for others to share links to their reviews of short fiction!